I hope all of you are doing your best to stay safe and healthy in these very trying times.
The board of trustees is doing their best to adapt to these changing times and provide the best representation to the Vermont Police Community.
Our lobbyist has done an outstanding Job trying to stay on top of the ever-changing legislative issues we are facing. Our lobbyist with the help of our legislative committee, and the board of trustees have been actively trying to have as much input as possible in the fast-moving legislation regarding police reform and other pertinent items.
With the current changes going on it is of the utmost importance that each one of you become active members in the Vermont Police Association and your local level organizations. There is strength in numbers when we are trying to mitigate circumstances that will adversely affect our profession and when trying to get lawmakers to make informed decisions.
Additionally, due to the current climate of the Global Pandemic we cannot host the annual convention as we normally would have.
However, we do need to hold an annual meeting which will be tentatively done virtually on 12/14/2020 at 2000 hours. More information and a link will be posted on our website and on our Facebook page. We will also have to have ballot voting for trustee positions in a virtual / electronic format which we are working on. More information will be posted as soon as we can finalize plans for this.
Lastly, anyone interested in running for a trustee’s position for the Vermont Police association must submit a letter / email of intent, to me no later than 11-20-20. You must be a full active / paid member for the 2020 calendar year to be eligible to run for a trustee position. Should you have any questions, comments or concerns don’t hesitate to reach out.
Stay safe, Stay well
President Vermont Police Association
Officer Kevin Blongy
Rutland City Police Department
108 Wales St
Rutland, VT 05701
Have you ever thought about joining the Vermont Police Association?
Champlain College Continuing Education > Click Below
Vermont Police Academy (VCJTC)
- Small town in S.C. loses entire police force November 30, 2020
- Minn. LEO, 2 others wounded in shooting, ambush November 30, 2020
- Calif. PD buys 2nd Tesla patrol car after pilot program November 25, 2020
- State helicopter crew finds mysterious monolith in Utah desert November 25, 2020
- 2 NYPD officers shot, suspected shooter killed November 25, 2020
- Former San Francisco cop charged with manslaughter in fatal 2017 OIS November 24, 2020
- Ore. governor: Police to enforce Thanksgiving COVID-19 limits November 24, 2020
- NYPD officer attacked during lunchtime jog November 24, 2020
- San Diego police mandate solid-colored masks without logos November 24, 2020
- Police release more details in Wis. mall shooting; 3 arrested November 24, 2020
P.O. Box 700
Shelburne, VT 05482